Type of site
|Internet encyclopedia project|
The Yiddish Wikipedia now has 13,823 articles. There are 25,958 registered users (including bots); 47 are active, including 3 administrators.
Like all Wikipedias it generates hits from Yiddish words typed in Google, with Wikipedia articles appearing at the top of the results for that word.
In accordance with the norms for the Yiddish language, it is written almost exclusively in Hebrew script, and not in Latin script.
Point of view
- "Yiddish Wikipedia now active". wikipedia.international mailinglist. March 16, 2004. Retrieved September 1, 2014.
- (Yiddish) (homepage not yet configured)
- New Voices e-Gossip - If there ever was hope for our grandparents to turn tech-savvy and read about the latest in their mamaloshen, this is it. New Voices.
- Go on the web: Aviv Gefen (with non-hebrew spelling)? Yes. It's not a mistake. It's Yiddish. Ynet (Hebrew)
- Dr. Shalom Berger, An encyclopedia of people already in Yiddish The Forward (Yiddish)
- Is there such a thing as a Free Encyclopedia?: - The Yiddish Wikipedia was the only Wikipedia which did not delete an article which a journalist has written his own autobiography. TheMarker (Hebrew)