Word of Mouth (website)
"Word of Mouth" spam mails state that an anonymous person posted a secret about the recipient and that he needs to pay a fee in order to see the message. The editors of Snopes examined the scheme and concluded that the scheme is a likely scam, as the owner claims to have substantial information when he has nothing. Other sources, such as Ziff Davis, take the same conclusion.
The website has taken several domain names.
- Archive of the original Word-of-mouth.org
- Archive of the original Shareyourexperiences.com
-  Snopes entry
- Seltzer, Larry. "How Low Can You Go?" Ziff Davis. May 29, 2003.
- Richard D. LeCour's page about Word of Mouth
- LeCour's page about Share Your Experiences
-  Hoax Slayer entry
-  Joe Wein's page