Wikipedia – The Missing Manual
|Wikipedia: The Missing Manual|
|Series||The Missing Manuals|
|LC Classification||TK5105.8882.W54 B76 2008|
"For anyone who is interested in becoming part of the noble experiment, this book is an excellent introduction," wrote reviewer Robert Slade. Wikipedia: The Missing Manual is part of O'Reilly Media's Missing Manual series, which was created by David Pogue, technology columnist for The New York Times and Scientific American.
On January 26, 2009, O'Reilly announced that the content of the book was being released under free license compatible with Wikipedia and that it would be available for editing in the Help area of Wikipedia.
The book has a spin-off, Wikipedia Reader's Guide: The Missing Manual, consisting of Appendix B (slightly expanded) and Chapter 1 from the book.
- How Wikipedia Works
- State Library of Queensland's Exploring WIkipedia Content Creation Training Manual
- "The Charms of Wikipedia", a review by Nicholson Baker, The New York Review of Books, Volume 55, No. 4, March 20, 2008.
- "Wikipedia: The Missing Manual", BKWKPDMM.RVW, a review by Robert Slade, The Internet Review Project, 2008
- Wikipedia: The Missing Manual Posted on Wikipedia--O'Reilly Media Alert: Edit the Book on Wikipedia, press release, O'Reilly Media, January 26, 2009
- Wikipedia: The Missing Manual at O'Reilly Media.
- Book release news:Learning to Write and Edit the Wikipedia Way
- Wikipedia: The Missing manual - website on the book and biography of John Broughton