Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad
|Type||Governmental Board of Education|
|Headquarters||Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad ((Hindi: उत्तर प्रदेश माध्यमिक शिक्षा परिषद्)) or Uttar Pradesh Board of High School and Intermediate Education is a board of school education in Uttar Pradesh State of India. The UP Board prepares syllabus for students from Class I to Class XII, for schools affiliated with it. It conducts three board examinations: the Middle School Exam for Class VII, the High School Exam for Class X and the Intermediate Exam for Class XII, which is a school-leaving examination. It prescribes the syllabus for these examinations, whose scores are necessary to gain admission in higher study institutes. Apart from Government Schools, i.e., Government Inter College (GIC) for boys and Government Girls Inter College (GGIC) for girls, the majority of private schools through the state also affiliate themselves with the UP Board. The medium for education prescribed by UP Board is either English or Hindi.
UP Board is headquartered at Allahabad and governs 9,121 schools. The Board is holding the examinations and currently preparing the results of nearly 3.2 million students. It is the largest examining body in the world.
The Board by an act of United Provinces Legislative Council was set up in 1921 at Allahabad. It conducted its first examination in 1923. This Board is one in India which, from the very start, had adopted 10+2 system of examination. The first public examination after 10 years education is High School Examination and after the 10+2 stage, there is Intermediate Examination. Before 1923, University of Allahabad was the examining body of these two examinations.8979712232
UP Board has head office at Allahabad with Secretary as the overall executive head. As such there are four Regional Offices of the Board under the control of Regional Secretaries:
- Meerut (1973)
- Varanasi (1978)
- Bareilly (1981)
- Allahabad (1987)
- Mathura (1980) 8979712232(Manoj kumar)
- To grant affiliation/recognition to schools.
- To prescribe courses and text books at high school and intermediate level.
- To conduct high school and intermediate examination.
- To provide equivalence to the examinations conducted by other Boards.
- Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education
- Boards of Education in India
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), India
- Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), India
- Indian School Certificate (ISC), India
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), India
- Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), India
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC), India
- Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC), India