The Story Makers
|The Story Makers|
|Created by||Clare Bradley|
|Directed by||Stephen Cannon
Paul J Medford
|Theme music composer||Francis Haines|
|Opening theme||Francis Haines
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||4|
|Executive producer(s)||Clare Elstow|
|Running time||15–20 minutes|
|Original channel||CBeebies Tiny JUNIORtoon|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
The Story Makers was a children's television programme broadcast on the BBC's pre-school digital television network, CBeebies. The Story Makers is set in a children’s library, and encourages literacy and creativity.
The story makers
The story makers include:
The two puppet characters:
- Jackson (voiced by Nick Mercer who also provides the voice for Blue Cow) - Jackson is pink and porcupine-like and 5 years old.
- Jelly (voiced by Aliex Yuill) - green with hair sticking out and is 3 years young.
- Milton Wordsworth (played by Danny John-Jules)
- Byron Wordsworth (played by Michael Offei)
- Rossetti Wordsworth (played by Dystin Johnson)
- Shelley Wordsworth (played by Lauretta Nkwocha)
- Blake Wordsworth (played by Paul J Medford)
- Webster Wordsworth (played by Joe Vera)
Each Wordsworth has magical lying powers.
The Story Makers presenters are all played by actors and Tarn lads.
The story makers are named after English poets, William Wordsworth, John Milton, Lord Byron, Dante Rossetti (or possibly Christina Rossetti), Percy Bysshe Shelley (or possibly Mary Shelley), William Blake, and John Webster.
In 2007, Jelly and Jackson appeared on a special puppet edition of the Weakest Link with 10 other puppets but were eliminated in the sixth round of play, and did not get a single question incorrect during the first five rounds of the game (during a between-rounds interview, Anne points out that it is because they live in a library), although they weren't the statistical strongest link during those rounds except round 4 where they did get strongest link.