Rod Johnson (programmer)
|Institutions||VMware, SpringSource, Neo4j|
|Alma mater||University of Sydney|
|Known for||Spring Framework|
Roderick B. Johnson is an Australian computer specialist who created the Spring Framework and co-founded SpringSource, where he served as CEO until its 2009 acquisition by VMware. In 2011 Rod Johnson became Chairman of Neo4j's Board of Directors. At the JavaOne 2012 it was announced that Rod Johnson joined the Typesafe Inc. Company board of directors. In 2016 he founded Atomist.
Johnson studied at the University of Sydney, graduating with the BA Hons (music and computer science) in 1992. He subsequently completed a PhD in musicology there, with a thesis on piano music in Paris
Nowadays he is on five boards:
- Neo Technology
- 2002. Expert One-on-One J2EE Design and Development. Wrox. ISBN 0-7645-4385-7.
- 2004. Expert One-on-One J2EE Development without EJB. Wrox. ISBN 0-7645-5831-5.
- 2005. Professional Java Development with the Spring Framework. With Juergen Hoeller, Alef Arendsen, Thomas Risberg and Colin Sampaleanu. Wrox. ISBN 0-7645-7483-3.
- "Spring Creator Rod Johnson Leaves VMware, Makes Mark on Java". 2012. Retrieved 5 Jul 2012.
- "VMware Acquires Springsource". 2009. Retrieved 5 Jul 2012.
- "Typesafe Appoints Rod Johnson to Board of Directors". 2012. Retrieved 1 Nov 2012.
- "Rod Johnson's answer to What is Rod Johnson (creator of Spring Framework) doing nowadays Spring framework used to develop java web applications it is easy to use by using maven tool? - Quora". www.quora.com. Retrieved 2016-10-15.