Shriram with Jessica Guynn and Michael Arrington
|Born||1956/1957 (age 56–57)
|Education||University of Madras|
|Net worth||$1.6 billion (2012)|
|Board member of|
|Spouse(s)||Married, 2 children|
Kavitark Ram Shriram is a board member of Google and one of the first investors in Google. He earlier served as an officer of Amazon.com working for Jeff Bezos, founder & CEO. Shriram came to Amazon.com in August, 1998, when Amazon acquired Junglee, an online comparison shopping firm of which Shriram was president. Before Junglee and Amazon, Shriram was a member of the Netscape executive team, joining them in 1994, before they shipped products or posted revenue.
Shriram holds a Bachelor of Science Degree from Loyola College, Chennai of the University of Madras. He is a founding board member of Google and 247-inc.com. Shriram is also an investor in a global mobile Ad Network, InMobi, previously mKhoj. Shriram serves on the boards of StumbleUpon, Zazzle, Next Jump, Mevio and PaperlessPost.com, and also serves on the advisory board of Naukri.com, a classifieds site in India which has leading marketplaces in jobs, matrimony and real estate serving the Indian market. He owned 3.4 million shares of Google. As of September 2007, Shriram owned 1.7 million shares of Google.
- "The World's Billionaires: #655 Kavitark Ram Shriram". Forbes. March 3, 2010.
- "Future of Internet is bright in India". NDTV. Retrieved 2008-06-04.
- "2 Indians in Forbes' richest Americans list". rediff. Retrieved 2008-06-04.
- "Forbes 400: #258 Kavitark Ram Shriram". Forbes. Retrieved 2008-06-04.
- "Ram Shriram or Kavitark Ram Shriram". Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "About Sherpalo".
- "Meet Ram Shriram".