A view of Palace Albanija
|Architectural style||Modernist style|
|Design and construction|
|Other designers||Branko Bon
It is located at the north-west end of Terazije square. It was finished in 1940. It was designed by Miladin Prljević and Đorđe Lazarević, based on the 1938 project by Branko Bon and Milan Grakalić. It was the first highrise building in Belgrade and for a long time the highest one, domineering the architecture of Belgrade of the time. The origin of its name is traced back to the period before it was built, since a kafana named Albanija previously occupied the same spot.
On October 20, 1944, red flag placed on Palace Albanija declared that Belgrade was liberated from the Nazis by the Red Army and Yugoslav Partisan forces. To this day it is the highest reference point between Terazije and Slavija.