Noticiero Univision (Spanish pronunciation: [notiˈsjeɾo uniβiˈsjon], Univision News) is the branding for the nightly evening newscasts on the American Spanish-language television network Univision, a subsidiary of Univision Communications. The programs, as well as other news programs broadcast by Univision, is produced by the network's news division, Noticias Univision.
The national newscasts began on Univision in 1981 when the network was known as the Spanish International Network, and before the network's name change in 1987 was known as Noticiero Nacional SIN. The news division is based out of the network's facilities in Miami, Florida, with bureaus located at many of the network's television stations (particularly its owned-and-operated stations owned by corporate parent Univision Communications) across the nation and throughout Latin America. Noticiero Univision also has news share agreements with many of the national broadcast networks in those same nations and will often carry their footage and reporting with credit. Noticiero Univision uses content from Mexico's Televisa, Venezuela's Venevision, Colombia's RCN TV, Peru's América Televisión, and CNN en Español.
The program is on equal footing with the English language newscasts ratings-wise in urban areas with a large Hispanic population, often being the top network newscast in areas such as New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles and Miami.
On January 23, 2012, Noticiero Univision debuted new graphics and moved its newscasts out of the newsroom into a new set called "[el] Centro de Noticias" (translation: news center); the set was later refreshed to incorporate Univision's updated logo, which debuted on January 1, 2013.
Noticiero Univision is a general rundown of the news of the day, with more of a bent towards events happening in Latin America and, domestically, the news and issues most important to Hispanic and Latino Americans. Thus, immigration and diplomatic relations with Latin America are highlighted in addition to issues of government, healthcare and economic issues. Jorge Ramos and Maria Elena Salinas share the duties of anchoring the program, and have done so since 1986.
The news division also produces a late news program which airs at 11:30 p.m. ET/PT (10:30 p.m. CT/MT, with a 4:30 a.m. local time encore airing); Noticiero Univision: Edicion Nocturna ("Noticiero Univision: Evening Edition"); Al Punto ("To the Point"), the only Sunday morning talk show in Spanish until the 2011 debut of Telemundo's Enfoque; Aquí y Ahora ("Here and Now"), a Sunday evening investigative newsmagazine; and provides news updates for ¡Despierta América! and Primer Impacto. Univision also provides hourly news capsules throughout the broadcast day during commercial breaks (except those featured during the two Noticiero Univision-branded newscasts) and breaks into programming if needed for breaking news events. Some newsmagazine programs from Televisa also airs during the weekend on the network.
- Noticiero Univision (weeknights at 6:30 p.m. ET/PT)
- Noticiero Univision: Edicion Nocturna (formerly Noticiero Univision: Ultima Hora; weeknights at 11:30 p.m. ET/PT)
- Noticiero Univision: Fin de Semana (weekends at 6:30 and 11:30 p.m. ET/PT)
- Al Punto (Sundays at 10:00 a.m. ET/PT)
- Aqui y Ahora (Sundays at 7:00 p.m. ET/PT)
- ¡Despierta América! (weekdays from 7:00-11:00 a.m. ET/PT)
- Primer Impacto (weekdays at 5:00 p.m. ET/PT)
- Primer Impacto Extra (weeknights at 11:00 p.m. ET/PT; replacement for local newscasts, available on Univision's satellite feed and affiliates who do not have a nightly newscast)
- Bárbara Bermudo – co-anchor, Primer Impacto
- Ilia Calderón – weeknight anchor, Noticiero Univision: Edicion Nocturna
- Pamela Silva Conde – co-anchor, Primer Impacto
- Natalia Cruz – anchor, Primer Impacto Extra
- Félix de Bedout – weekend anchor, Noticiero Univision and Noticiero Univision: Edicion Nocturna
- Satcha Pretto – news update anchor, ¡Despierta América!
- Jorge Ramos – weeknight co-anchor, Noticero Univision; host, Al Punto
- Lourdes Ramos – weekend anchor, Noticiero Univision and Noticiero Univision: Edicion Nocturna
- Teresa Rodríguez – co-host, Aquí y Ahora
- María Elena Salinas – weeknight co-anchor, Noticiero Univision and co-host, Aquí y Ahora
Current reporters and correspondents
- Juan Carlos Aguilar - Bogotá, Colombia correspondent
- Mariana Atencio - Investigation and Documentaries unit
- Salvador Castellanos - San Salvador, El Salvador correspondent
- Lourdes del Rio - Miami correspondent (with WLTV-DT)
- Jaime Garcia - Los Angeles correspondent (with KMEX-DT)
- Maria Luisa Martinez - Lima, Peru correspondent
- Dario Medrano - Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic correspondent
- Luis Megid - San Francisco correspondent (with KDTV-DT)
- Lourdes Meluza - Washington, D.C. correspondent
- Mayra Navarro - Tegucigalpa, Honduras correspondent
- Alberto Pando - Santiago, Chile correspondent
- Carlos Portas - Madrid, Spain correspondent
- Francisco Urreiztieta - Caracas, Venezuela correspondent
- Blanca Rosa Vilches - New York City correspondent (with WXTV-DT)
- TBD - Mexico City, Mexico correspondent
- TBD - San Antonio correspondent (with KWEX-DT)
- TBD - Panama City, Panama correspondent
- TBD - San Josė, Costa Rica correspondent
- TBD - Buenos Aires, Argentina correspondent
- TBD - Guayaquil, Ecuador correspondent
- TBD - Asunción, Paraguay correspondent
- TBD - Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia correspondent
- TBD - Montevideo, Uruguay correspondent
- Fusion - an English-language news channel jointly operated by Univision and ABC News launched on October 28, 2013.
- Univision Noticias – a planned Spanish-language cable news channel, which is set to launch in 2014.
- Noticiero Univision (Spanish)
- Aquí y Ahora (Spanish)
- Univision corporate description (English)
- Noticias Univision