Inhabitat is a weblog devoted to the future of design, tracking the innovations in technology, practices and materials that are pushing architecture and home design towards a smarter and more sustainable future. Inhabitat was funded in 2004 by New York City designer and architecture graduate Jill Fehrenbacher as a forum in which to investigate emerging trends in product, interior and architectural design. Mike Chino is the Managing Editor.
- Shapiro, Gideon (2007) Meet The Bloggers - With an unorthodox mix of reporting, commentary, and activism, a new generation of architectural pundits is making its voice heard—online. Architect Magazine
- Hempel, Jessi (2007) On Going Green. Businessweek
- McCarthy, Caroline (2007) When corporate greening chafes environmentalists. CNET
- "Jill Fehrenbacher," Inhabitat, March 29, 2005.
- "With Wal-Mart onboard, green is going mainstream," CNN.com, August 7, 2006