Higgledy House is a UK children's television programme shown on the CBeebies channel. Stars Justin Fletcher and Sarah-Jane Honeywell play cohabiting friends whose eccentric exploits at home are the subject of the show; though aimed at young children, the comedy is at times Laurel and Hardy-esque.
Normally shown as part of Tikkabilla, at weekends it is shown as a standalone show.
Each episode follows a standard format of two sketches separated by short "Higgle Giggle" involving children acting out concepts such as "Itchy Time". Total running time is approximately 15 minutes.
- Snack / Treasure Hunt
- Justin tries to make himself a cheese sandwich, not realising that Sarah-Jane is stealing his ingredients.
- Justin and Sarah-Jane play a treasure hunt game.
- Painting / Cleaning the Car
- Sarah-Jane shows off her artistic skills.
- Before driving off to go for a picnic, Justin and Sarah-Jane must clean their car.
- Hide and Seek / Cleaning the House
- A game of hide and seek borders on the surreal.
- Spring cleaning ballet-style, to the sound of The Nutcracker Suite.
- Pie / Magic Show
- The pair each make a pie, not realising they are using the same pie tin and mixing their ingredients - disgusting!
- Justin helps Sarah-Jane put on a magic show.
- Itch / Holiday
- Justin and Sarah-Jane have a hard time getting rid of some fleas.
- Justin and Sarah-Jane pack to go on holiday, but don't get very far.
- Sticky / Tent
- Justin and Sarah-Jane try to share a bag of toffees; not as easy as it seems.
- Justin and Sarah-Jane have fun in their play tents. But is Sarah-Jane's all it seems?
- Fitness / Photography
- Justin persuades Sarah-Jane to join him with some exercises.
- Realising that he doesn't have a photograph of Sarah-Jane in his album, Justin decides to show off his photography skills.
- Euphonium / Decorating
- A mystery gift proves to be quite puzzling, until they work out it's a musical instrument.
- Justin and Sarah-Jane try the Laurel and Hardy decorating technique.
- Meal / Hiccups
- Justin and Sarah-Jane share a meal of soup, spaghetti and iced buns.
- Sarah-Jane tries to find a way to cure Justin's hiccups.
- Sick / Bedtime
- Justin feigns chickenpox in order to get out of doing the washing up.
- Justin falls asleep, so Sarah-Jane tries to get him upstairs and ready for bed.
- Camcorder / Paddling Pool
- Justin thinks he can help out in Sarah-Jane's film, much to her annoyance.
- Justin and Sarah-Jane struggle to blow up a paddling pool.
- Birthday / Movie
- Justin throws Sarah-Jane a birthday party, not realising it isn't her birthday.
- Justin and Sarah-Jane watch a scary movie with popcorn and drinks.
- Breakfast / Piano
- Justin struggles to stay awake, and makes a mess of his breakfast.
- Justin and Sarah-Jane both want to play the piano, but aren't keen on sharing.
- Summertime / Babysitting
- Justin and Sarah-Jane both have different ideas on how to spend summer.
- Justin and Sarah-Jane wear themselves out babysitting.
- Higgledy House was filmed in or around a house in Fortis Green, London. The same house is used for each episode, except the episode titled "Camcorder", where a different and smaller back garden is used.
- Some people wonder if Sarah-Jane and Justin are meant to be friends or a couple within the series. They are most likely to be just friends, as in the episode titled "Bedtime", you see they don't share a bedroom - although in the same episode they are both seen to be secretly pleased after accidentally kissing each other.