Ganeer Township, Kankakee County, Illinois
|— Township —|
|Established||May 9, 1853|
|• Supervisor||Michael Hemphil|
|• Total||40.25 sq mi (104.2 km2)|
|• Land||39.92 sq mi (103.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.34 sq mi (0.9 km2) 0.84%|
|Elevation||614 ft (187 m)|
|• Density||80.5/sq mi (31.1/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60901, 60914, 60940, 60954, 60964|
|GNIS feature ID||0429038|
Ganeer Township came into being on February 15, 1859. The township was excised from land in Momence Township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 40.25 square miles (104.2 km2), of which 39.92 square miles (103.4 km2) (or 99.18%) is land and 0.34 square miles (0.88 km2) (or 0.84%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Eldridge at
- Exline at
- Koster at
- Saint George at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Sumner Township (north)
- Yellowhead Township (northeast)
- Momence Township (east)
- Pembroke Township (southeast)
- St. Anne Township (south)
- Aroma Township (southwest)
- Bourbonnais Township (west)
- Kankakee Township (west)
- Manteno Township (northwest)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Momence, Mount Airy, Saint George and Saint Patricks.
Airports and landing strips
- Saint George Airport
The township is governed by an elected Town Board of a Supervisor and four Trustees. The Township also has an elected Assessor, Clerk, Highway Commissioner and Supervisor. The Township Office is located at 120 West Washington, Momence, IL 60954.
- Illinois' 11th congressional district
- State House District 79
- State Senate District 40
- Manteno Community Unit School District 5
- Momence Community Unit School District 1
- Grant Park Community Unit School District 6
- "Ganeer Township, Kankakee County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.