|AHFS/Drugs.com||International Drug Names|
|Synonyms||[6-[6-[6-[[12,14-dihydroxy- 10,13-dimethyl- 17-(5-oxo-2H-furan-3-yl)- 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,12,15,16,17- tetradecahydrocyclopenta[a]phenanthren- 3-yl]oxy]- 4-hydroxy- 2-methyloxan- 3-yl]oxy- 4-hydroxy- 2-methyloxan-3-yl]oxy- 2-methyl- 3-[3,4,5-trihydroxy- 6-(hydroxymethyl)oxan-2-yl]oxyoxan- 4-yl] acetate|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||985.116 g/mol|
|3D model (Jmol)|
Lanatoside C (or isolanid) is a cardiac glycoside, a type of drug that can be used in the treatment of congestive heart failure and cardiac arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat). Lanatoside C can be used orally or by the intravenous route. It is marketed in a number of countries and is also available in generic form. Its main indications are rapid response atrial fibrilation and paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia, two common types of arrhythmia.
- Lypka, A.; Lazowski, J. (1979). "(title in Polish)" [Comparative study of blood serum concentrations of digoxin and lanatoside C after single oral administration]. Wiadomości Lekarskie (in Polish). Warsaw, Poland. 32 (18): 1277–1281. PMID 506267.
- Tàmmaro, A. E.; Baldoli, C. (1967). "On some immediate effects of the intravenous administration of desacetyl-lanatoside C in aged subjects" [On some immediate effects of the intravenous administration of desacetyl-lanatoside C in aged subjects]. La Clinica Terapeutica (in Italian). 40 (2): 157–161. PMID 5600177.
- "Lanatoside C". International Drug Names. Drugs.com.
- Determination of Lanatoside C and Digoxin in Digitalis lanata by Hplc and Its Application to Analysis of the Fermented Leaf Powder. Yukari Ikeda, Youichi Fujii and Mitsuru Yamazaki, J. Nat. Prod., 1992, volume 55, issue 6, pages 748–752, doi:10.1021/np50084a007
- Desai, U. R. (2005). "Cardiac Glycosides". VCU School of Pharmacy.