Carnegie Library (North Tonawanda, New York)
North Tonawanda Carnegie Library, November 2008
|Location:||249 Goundry St., North Tonawanda, New York|
|Architectural style:||Classical Revival|
|Added to NRHP:||July 14, 1995|
Carnegie Library is a historic library building located at North Tonawanda in Niagara County, New York. It was designed and built in 1903, with funds provided by the philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. It is one of 3,000 such libraries constructed between 1885 and 1919, and one of 107 in New York State. Carnegie provided $20,000 toward the construction of the North Tonawanda library. It is a low one-story brick structure with basement in the Classical Revival style. The interior features wood paneling, elaborate plaster moldings and trim, mosaic tile floors, and a large stained glass skylight.
The building functioned as a library until 1976, when it became home to the Carnegie Art Center of the Tonawandas' Council on the Arts.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- Kathleen LeFrank (April 1995). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Carnegie Library". New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Retrieved 2009-06-14. See also: "Accompanying seven photos".
- Carnegie Library - U.S. National Register of Historic Places on Waymarking.com
- Carnegie Art Center website