Berdan is a former settlement in Butte County, California, United States. It was located 8 miles (13 km) north of Forest Ranch, between Forest Ranch and Westbranch. A post office operated in Berdan from 1909 to 1916. The town was named for Myron G. Berdan, its first postmaster. Berdan's economy was based on being a trading center for miners working the nearby mines.