Aroma Township, Kankakee County, Illinois
|Established||May 9, 1853|
|• Supervisor||Morris Scott|
|• Total||37.98 sq mi (98.4 km2)|
|• Land||37.06 sq mi (96.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.92 sq mi (2.4 km2) 2.42%|
|Elevation||604 ft (184 m)|
|• Density||139.2/sq mi (53.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60901, 60910, 60954, 60964|
|GNIS feature ID||0428600|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.98 square miles (98.4 km2), of which 37.06 square miles (96.0 km2) (or 97.58%) is land and 0.92 square miles (2.4 km2) (or 2.42%) is water.
Aroma township includes the Iroquois Woods Nature Preserve and Strasma Park.
Cities, towns, villages
- Aroma Park (vast majority)
- Kankakee (east edge)
- Sammons Point (east edge)
- Sun River Terrace (southwest quarter)
- Ganeer Township (northeast)
- St. Anne Township (southeast)
- Papineau Township, Iroquois County (south)
- Chebanse Township, Iroquois County (southwest)
- Kankakee Township (west)
- Otto Township (west)
- Bourbonnais Township (northwest)
The township contains these six cemeteries: Aroma Park, B'nai Israel, Bebe Family, Kankakee Memorial Gardens, Flower, and Leggtown.
The township is governed by an elected Town Board of a Supervisor and four Trustees. The Township also has an elected Assessor, Clerk, Highway Commissioner and Supervisor. The Township Office is located at 3955 South 3250 East Road, St. Anne, IL 60964.
- Illinois' 11th congressional district
- State House District 79
- State Senate District 40
- Kankakee School District 111
- Momence Community Unit School District 1
- "Aroma Township, Kankakee County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.